The college has excellent fully accessible learning and teaching facilities.
Well-equipped classrooms, workshops, computer labs, salons, training kitchens, library and learning centre ensure that our students study in a pleasant environment with up to date equipment and software.
The College cafeteria on the second floor, which caters for staff and students, is open for breaks and lunches. A selection of hot and cold snacks is available, as well as cold filled rolls, soup, sandwiches and confectionery. Students may take their own food into the food court.
Please check opening times as these vary during the session.
Cafeteria Manager Tel: 01355 807377
Coffee Pod & Shop
The Coffee Pod on the ground floor sells ground coffee, sandwiches and snacks and is open from 0830 until 1530 Mondays and Fridays and until 1930 on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during term time.
The shop on the ground floor sells a wide selection of soft drinks, hot and cold snacks, stationery, cards and stamps from 0830 till 1500.
Fully accessible vending machines are located on the second floor atrium.
Chilled water dispensers are available throughout the building.
A charge free Clydesdale Bank cash dispenser is located on the first floor outside the Library.
The social areas in the atrium and annex have comfortable seating arranged in groups with a wheelchair friendly layout.
News and college information is streamed to the information screens on ground and second floors.
Information events for students take place regularly on the ground floor atrium.
A quiet room has been set aside on the first floor near the Library for meditation and the observance of religious belief. The College Chaplains, Gordon Palmer and Anne Paton, visit the College on Tuesdays between 12 – 1 pm during term time.
A breast feeding/expressing room is available on the first floor opposite the Quiet room.
There is excellent on-campus shared space parking with entrances to general student and visitor car parks on the right and left of the main access road. Drivers are requested to follow the directional signs and observe all parking restrictions, designated and restricted parking areas and marked parking bays for disabled drivers. Please observe the 10 mph speed limit and give way to pedestrians.
We have highly trained members of staff available to provide First Aid Treatment and there are two First Aid rooms, located on the lower ground and first floors.
If you’re involved in an accident or incident, please report this to reception who will arrange for a First Aider to be contacted.
The College is committed to reducing its carbon footprint through a range of initiatives:
• The main building has been rated Very Good by BREEAM
• The annex building has been awarded a BREEAM Outstanding rating.
• A low carbon house on the campus utilised as a training resource to highlight the use of renewable energies and low carbon house building techniques
• The heating and cooling is managed by a building management system
• High efficiency boilers, Air and Ground Source systems are used for heating and hot water
• Rainwater harvesting it used for toilets in the annex.
• Lighting is automatically switched off in areas that are not in use
• All waste is taken for sorting and recycling
• Staff and students are encouraged to use electronic documents
• Where printing is necessary, both sides of the paper is used
• There is a bus stop for public transport on campus and more than 80,000 bus journeys to and from the campus were undertaken last session
• There are cycle racks and showers for those who cycle to college and staff are encouraged to take part in the cycle to work scheme
• Equipment no longer needed by the College is recycled to other educational and charitable organisations