The learning and teaching facilities in the college are of an excellent modern standard
Well-equipped classrooms, workshops, science and computer labs, salons, library and learning centre ensure that our students study in a pleasant environment with up to date equipment and software.
The College cafeteria on the second floor, which caters for staff and students, is open for breaks and lunches. A selection of hot and cold snacks is available, as well as cold filled rolls, soup, sandwiches and confectionery. Students may take their own food into the food court.
Please check opening times as these vary during the session.
Coffee Pod & Shop
The Coffee Pod on the ground floor sells ground coffee, sandwiches and snacks and is open from 8:30am until 3:30pm Mondays and Fridays and until 19.30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday during term time.
The shop on the ground floor sells soft drinks, hot and cold snacks and stationery, cards and stamps from 8:30pm until 3:00pm.
Vending machines are located on the 2nd floor atrium and ground floor in the Annexe.
Chilled water dispensers are available in various corridor locations throughout the building.
A charge free Clydesdale Bank cash dispenser is located on the first floor outside the Library.
The social areas in the atrium on all four floors have comfortable seating arranged in groups with a wheelchair friendly area on the ground floor.
News is streamed to the media information screens on the ground and second floors.
Information events for students take place regularly on the ground floor atrium.
A quiet room has been set aside on the first floor near the Library for meditation and the observance of religious belief.
A breast feeding/expressing room is available on the first floor opposite the Quiet room.
There is excellent on-campus parking with entrances to student and visitor car parks on the right and left of the main access road. Drivers are requested to follow the directional signs and observe all parking restrictions, designated and restricted parking areas and marked parking bays for disabled drivers. Permit parking regulations must be observed. Please observe the 10mph speed limit and give way to pedestrians.
We have highly trained members of staff available to provide First Aid Treatment and there are two First Aid rooms, located on the lower ground and first floors.
If you’re involved in an accident or incident, please report this to reception who will arrange for a First Aider to be contacted.
The College is committed to reducing its carbon footprint through a range of initiatives:
- The building has been rated Very Good by BREEAM
- The heating is managed by a Building Management Software system
- Low energy boilers are used for heating and hot water
- Lighting is automatically switched off in areas that are not in use
- All waste is taken for sorting and recycling
- Staff and students are encouraged to use electronic documents
- Where printing is necessary, both sides of the paper is used
- There is a bus stop for public transport on campus and more than 80,000 bus journeys to and from campus were undertaken last session.
- There are cycle racks and showers for those who cycle to college and staff are encouraged to take part in the cycle to work scheme
- With the support of a range of sponsors, a low carbon house has been built on campus as a training resource to highlight the use of domestic dwelling renewable energies and low carbon building techniques
- We added an annex building on the campus in 2016 which was the first to be awarded BREEAM Outstanding (2014) in the world.
- A large Solar array produces electricity which is consumed on Campus.
- Ground and Air Source Heat Pumps assist in heating the main building.