Learning Resources & Library Services
Tel: 01355 807308
The Library Advisors are always happy to advise you on the best way to research and to help you access any of the specialist services on offer. These include:
• A specialist book stock, tailored to the needs of College courses
• Short-loan system for materials in high demand
• Internet access
• Library catalogue available here
• Quiet study room
• Bookable group study room
• Study tables
• Soft seating areas
• Height adjustable workstation
• Laptops for home use
• Issue of books for bursary funded courses
• Subscription databases
• Fiction and graphic novels
To access more information about the College Library, Learning Centre and study resources, students should sign in to Moodle or speak to one of the Library Advisors.
How do I join the Library?
You use your student ID card to borrow and use the resources in the Library and Learning Centre.
• Ask us if you have any queries or need advice
• Turn your mobile phone to silent when you come into the Library
• Return resources on time
• Consider other Library users and keep conversations to a minimum
• Make sure you have a secure lid on any hot or cold drinks you bring to the Library
Quiet Study and Group Study Rooms
Within the Library there is a group study room for students which can be booked and a quiet study room for individual use. Please ask the Library Advisors or contact them via email or telephone.
Print & Photocopying
There is A4 and A3 mono and colour photocopying and print facility within the Learning Centre. The printing service is available from all Library and Learning centre PCs.
On-line library catalogue
The Library’s Heritage catalogue lists all the resources that the Library contains and can be searched by author, title or subject keyword. It can be accessed through the Library Moodle pages or using the quicklinks on the SLC homepage.
Helpful advice and guidance on plagiarism can be found at http://www.plagiarism.org/ and in the college’s guidance on honesty and integrity in assessment http://www.south-lanarkshire-college.ac.uk/life-at-slc/student-charter-and-policies/honesty-and-integrity-in-assessments/
You can complete an online UCAS application in college. Please ask the Library Advisors for the buzzword to allow you to link your application to the college.