Senior Phase Programme
- The Senior Phase Programme is open to S4, S5 and S6 students from all schools across the South Lanarkshire region (please note year of entry permitted for each course as S4 and S6 are not eligible for entry to all courses)
- Duration and days of courses are given in the appropriate course page (please note duration and days are subject to change to meet class demand)
- Courses will run subject to demand
- There are a number of course areas and course choices available to you
- You should discuss your options with your Guidance/Pupil Support Teacher.
Click your faculty of choice below to view our available courses
Pathway 1 Senior Phase Core Programme – primarily aimed at S4 pupils
Pathway 2 Senior Phase Independent Options – primarily aimed at S5 & S6 pupils to enable them to extend their portfolio of SQA qualifications.
Pathway 3 Senior Phase Winter Leavers – South Lanarkshire Council organises the programmes for pupils leaving school in December this year. All Activity is co-ordinated by Education Resources, South Lanarkshire Council. Please apply to via the council.
Pathway 4 Senior Phase Foundation Apprenticeships – A two year course aimed at S5 pupils, the course includes time in College and on a work placement.
How to apply
In consultation with your Guidance/Pupil support you can apply for one of our exciting courses at SLC. To apply please complete our application form and pass to your guidance teacher, they will make sure we receive your application. We recommend you submit your application form as early as possible and at least by the end of February if you plan to start college in August.
Quality of Programmes
Our reputation for quality is outstanding. Our Education Scotland reports have consistently shown South Lanarkshire College to be excellent in all areas with significant sector leading practices. In 2015, the College was visited by 44 External Verifiers from three awarding bodies including the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA). Every report highlighted significant strengths with no areas of weakness. We’re one of only two Scottish colleges in this position. We’ve a wide range of programmes on offer which lead to qualifications from recognised awarding bodies such as SQA.