Training and Employability Support Now in Lanark
South Lanarkshire College has been awarded continued funding from South Lanarkshire Council (South Lanarkshire Works 4U) and the European Social Fund to deliver a range of programmes through the Rural Academy.
We are based at 2 Hope Street, Lanark ML11 7LZ (across from the Bank of Scotland) to help and support to unemployed South Lanarkshire residents living in rural areas looking for work opportunities across a variety of roles.
To be eligible you must be:
- Over 16 years of age
- Unemployed and actively looking for work
- Have barriers to finding work
Live within the rural South Lanarkshire area – Lanark, Strathaven, Carluke, Kirkmuirhill, Lesmahagow, Coalburn, Carnwath, Biggar, Forth, Douglas, Rigside, Stonehouse or any other area in rural South Lanarkshire
What’s on Offer?
Our friendly staff can offer you:
- Advice and Support to identify your training needs
- Employability Skills including CV writing, interview skills, expectations in the workplace
- Reimbursement of travel expenses if you need to travel to Lanark to work with our team
- Work Placements to help you gain practical skills in a live workplace environment, add experience to your CV and give you a chance to showcase your work skills
*Due to current Coronavirus crisis work placements will be offered once the guidance from the Scottish Government eases the contact restrictions, and in agreement with local employers. We will review this on a regular basis and will assist you in sourcing a work placement when safe to do so.
We work with a wide base of employers who already use our College as a recruitment hub. These key partners offer work placements, work trials, guaranteed interviews and when they have vacancies, we can assist them with recruitment.