Thursday 10.00 am to 2.30 pm
This programme will provide a foundation upon which you can build your core skills, personal development and employability skills and will include work experience.
You will achieve a SQA Personal Development Award and complete a programme to increase confidence, soft skills and motivation. The course will also offer employer visits, health and wellbeing sessions and one to one support and guidance.
- Personal Development – Practical Abilities
- Personal Development – Self in Society
- Personal Development – Self in Work
Employability Skills – CV Building, Basic Interview Skills, Money Skills, Awareness of Local Opportunities, Health & Safety in the workplace, Placement Expectations.
Wednesdays 9.30 am to 2.30 pm
At the end of this 8 week course you’ll be able to:
- Search for employment online
- Register and apply for jobs online
- Use social networking to find jobs
- Apply using online forms
- Format documents and letters
- Send and receive emails
Other one-off courses e.g. Education Support Assistant and REHIS will be advertised through the Job Centre, Facebook and Twitter.
Monday & Thursday 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm
We offer help with:
- Updating your CV
- Creating cover letters when applying for jobs
- Online job search
- Interview techniques
- Create a login for FIND A JOB and show you how to upload your CV for Job Centre Plus and how to send emails to your JCP advisor
- Any other assistance you require to apply for your ideal job
Thursday 10.00 am to 11.30 am
At Lesmahagow Development Trust, 56 Abbeygreen
Tuesday 10.00 am to 11.30 am
At Coalburn One Stop Shop
CSCS Health & Safety Training
Tuesday 9.00 am to 12.00 pm
Friday 9.00 am to 3.00 pm
Heath and safety in a construction environment. Training includes your SQA qualification, CITB
online test and your CITB Green Card.
Who is this course for?
This training is offered to unemployed individuals, living in Lanark and surrounding rural areas who are aspiring to work in the construction industry or to update their out-of-date card. It’ll give individuals the knowledge and understanding to undertake jobs safely on a construction site.
This qualification covers common hazards and risks in a construction environment, safe manual handling practices, working safely at heights and working safely around plant and machinery.
Once you’ve passed the SQA unit you’ll attend South Lanarkshire College, East Kilbride for your online CITB Operatives CSCS test (transport will be organised from Lanark and return).
On successfully passing this test, South Lanarkshire College will apply for the CSCS Labourer Card on your behalf.
Once you have your CSCS card (usually within 2 weeks of passing your test) you can apply for labouring jobs on a construction site.
Industry Specific Qualifications
CPC (driving modules), fork lift licence, resit lapsed gas qualification and any other qualifications* you may require. (*funding is limited so please contact one of the team to ask about your specific requirements).
How to Get in Touch
- Give Craig, Tracey or Karen a phone 07813367422
- Email: email@example.com
- Pop into our office at 2 Hope Street, Lanark ML11 7LZ (across from the Bank of Scotland)
- Through your local Job Centre Advisor who will organise an appointment
- We are located at Job Centre Plus in Lanark every Wednesday pm (check with JCP in Lanark)
We welcome applications and enquiries from everyone who’s looking to get back into employment and needs a helping hand.
Whatever your circumstances and whatever level of support you need, you’ll be advised on the best way for you to gain new skills, qualifications and experience, to maximise your chances of gaining sustainable employment.