Foundation Apprenticeship in SVQ Social Services and Healthcare
Open to S5 or S6 pupils
- Tuesday and Thursday 1pm – 4pm, Plus another 1/2 day or full day on work placement.
You should have gained a minimum of 2 National 5 qualifications (one of which must be English) by course commencement. You’ll be required to complete a Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme record. On application you’ll be interviewed by a member of the Health and Social Care course team.
On completion you’ll be eligible for entry to NC Health & Social Care, HNC Social Services and HNC Care and Administrative Practice (you’ll need your Level 6 Foundation Apprenticeship qualification and 1 more Higher —preferably English for entry to HNC Care and Administrative Practice).
You’ll be able to apply for employment or Modern Apprenticeship opportunities in health and Social Care establishments.
You’ll cover a range of Health and Social Care modules preparing you for a care placement, these include:
Year 1: Mandatory credits
- Social services in Scotland
- Safeguarding people communication in care relationships
- Safe practice and wellbeing in social services
- Human development and social influences
Year 2: Part of SVQ in Social Services and Healthcare
- Support effective communication
- Support the safeguarding of individuals
- Support your own knowledge and practice
- Support the health and safety of yourself and individual