2 years: (August – May)
Year one (August to May)
Tuesday and Thursday 1.30 pm – 4 pm
Year two (August to May)
Tuesday 1.30 pm – 4 pm
Thursday 9.00 am – 4.30 pm at work placement with an employer. Work placement can be flexible to suit pupil’s timetable.
You’ll spend part of the in College developing skills and knowledge across a range of topics and part of the time getting hands on experience with an employer.
You must be in S5 to be ready to work at SCQF level 6 . You should be on track to achieve:
· 4 National 5 qualifications (preferably to include a business subject)
You should also be motivated to succeed and have:
· Good communication and team working skills
· Good attention to detail
· A keen interest in working in business
· A positive behaviour and attendance report from School
- SVQ4 in Business Administration, Management or a Modern Apprenticeship
- Direct entry to Administration or Business HNC/D programmes with progression to Honours Degree
- Direct entry to a range of Business-related programmes/studies
Direct employment into many industry sectors, including Finance, Health Care, HR, Hospitality, IT, Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Retail and the Public Sector.
The Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) in Business Skills is offered in S5. If you have a strong desire to develop a career in business, you can enhance your school studies with an industry, College and University recognised qualification.
It’s delivered over one year and you’ll spend part of the week at College developing skills and knowledge across a range of topics and getting hands-on experience on placement with an employer.
On successful completion of the FA, you’ll achieve a Joint Qualification Certificate for the Foundation Apprenticeship in Business Skills. This is a group award at SCQF Level 6, equivalent to a Higher, and includes:
FA in Business Skills – GL8J 46 included
GL8H 46: National Progression Award in Business Skills at SCQF Level 6
- Understanding Business
- Management of People and Finance
- Working with IT Software: PC Passport – Word Processing and Presenting Information
- Working with IT Software: PC Passport – Spreadsheet and Database
- Contemporary Business Issues
- Work placement
GK6Y 23: Units from an SVQ in Business and Administration at SCQF Level 6
- Plan, manage and improve your own performance in a business environment
- Communicate in a business environment
- Support other people to work in a business environment
- Design and produce documents in a business environment
FA Certification HE6E 04