1 year: (August – June)
2 days per week over 39 weeks
Students entering S5 or S6 capable of working at Higher grade SCQF Level 6. You need to be on track to achieve:
- Higher English
- 4 National 5 qualifications (to include a business subject)
- communication and team working skills
- good attention to detail
- motivation to succeed
You’ll be assess on positive behaviour and attendance report
- SVQ4 in Business Administration, Management
- Business and Administration related HNC/D programmes with progression to Honours Degree
- Other Business-related programmes/studies in: Digital marketing, Procurement, Supply chain management, Enterprise
- Professional qualifications (SCQF level 7 and above)
- Direct employment into many industry sectors
Modern businesses require leaders, managers and administrators in their management team to provide strategic, tactical and operational services. Budding managers and administrators have a highly transferable set of knowledge, skills and behaviours that can be applied in all sectors. This includes small and large businesses alike: from the public sector, private sector and charitable sector.
This apprenticeship programme is properly “grounded” in the highly respected profession of Business Administration, whilst giving you the opportunity to appreciate and understand other management and business priorities. Business Administrators will advance key skills and behaviours to support their progression towards management positions.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to develop skills and knowledge across a range of business topics in a classroom, alongside a valuable work placement with an employer. The course has been designed to address the skills gaps in business administration and will provide a route into employment and/or progression to further learning.