Tuesday and Thursday 9.30 am – 4.00 pm August – May (year 2)
Pupils attend class based delivery at college or in a school hub on both days up until Mid- September, thereafter Tuesday converts to work placement with an employer.
You must be in S5 or S6 and be capable of working at Higher grade SCQF level 6. You should be on track to achieve:
- Higher English, Higher IT, Higher Maths or related area
- 4 National 5 qualifications
You should also be motivated to succeed and have:
- Good communication and team working skills
- Good attention to detail
- A strong desire to in the media industry
- A positive behaviour and attendance report from School
Successful completion gives you options for progression to:
- Dependent on meeting entry requirements, related university courses
- Direct entry to Digital Media or Creative Industries HNC/D programmes
- Modern Apprenticeship in Digital Media or related field
- Modern Apprenticeship with a creative industry/digital employerModern Apprenticeship with a creative industry/digital employer
A career in the Creative Industries section could include roles within interactive media, TV, radio, computer gaming, publishing, film, animation and online media. Over 97000 people work in Scotland’s creative industries and with such a wide variety of jobs to choose from, skilled people are always in demand.
Developments in technology mean, as a new entrant to this sector, you must be multi-skilled and able to work over a variety of platforms.
Starting in S5 or S6, a Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative Digital Media presents an opportunity for senior phase students to undertake industry specific qualifications and blend an academic qualification with work based learning. So, if you like the idea of combining creative thinking with technical skills, design and storytelling, then a career in creative and digital media may be the right career choice for you.
The FA is delivered over one year and you will spend part of the week at College developing skills and knowledge across a range of topics and getting hands-on experience on placement with an employer.
On successful completion of the FA, you will achieve a Joint Qualification Certificate for the Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative Digital Media. This is a group award at SCQF Level 6, equivalent to a Higher, and includes:
FA in Creative and Digital Media – GM69 46
GM16 46 – National Progression Award in Creative and Digital Media: Technologies, processes and Practices
- Creative Industries: An introduction – Scotland
- Creative Industries: Understanding a creative brief
- Media: Understanding the creative process
- Storytelling for the Creative Industries
GJ3D 47 – Diploma in Creative Digital Media at SCQF Level 6
- Work effectively with others in the creative industries
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Communicating using digital marketing/sales channels
- Use digital and social media in marketing campaigns
- Media project
Mandatory Certification Unit – HE6E 04