This course gives candidates the opportunity to reflect on their own personal and professional development, allowing them to update and expand on their existing knowledge within the childcare field.
Core units include:
• Managing quality in early education and childcare
• Developing professional childhood practice
• Integrated working and collaborative practice
• International perspectives in early education and childcare
• Sociology of childcare
• Developing leadership
• Graded unit 2
• This course will include a substantial placement experience. PVG vetting will be required.
• The PDA Award is for childcare professionals who are qualified to HNC level or equivalent and in current employment. Where students are not in employment, an extensive placement will be considered.
• Successful students will be subject to PVG vetting
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
BA Childhood Practice, BA Childhood Studies