The course is designed to ensure you acquire and develop appropriate knowledge, understanding and skills for the contemporary business environment. Your qualification will be sufficiently flexible to allow various progression options. You’ll achieve a recognised, relevant and up-to-date Group Award in Legal Services and a National Progression Award in Business with Information Technology.
Core units include:
• Scots Law: an introduction
• Law of Contract: an introduction
• Employment Law: an introduction
• Crime in society
• Property Law: an introduction
• Information & communication technology
• Consumer Protection Legislation in Scotland: an introduction
• Understanding business
Optional units include:
• Skills for customer care
• Researching and preparing presentations
• PC Passport: word processing and presenting information
• 3 relevant Int 2 or Standard Grade passes (preferably including English)
• Mature student with work experience
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
HNC/HND Level Courses in Legal Services, Business Management, Human Resource Management and Police Studies.
Opportunities to embark on a career in the Police Service or legal services. Enter a career in other emergency or security service occupations such as Armed Forces, Fire Service, Prison Service, private security firms, leisure, voluntary work.