The course is designed to ensure you acquire and develop a range of transferable skills for the workplace.
You’ll learn the necessary skills and knowledge for administrative/technical level employment in the accounting environment or related occupational areas with direct relevance to the business community.
Core units include:
• Computer applications – accounting
• Recording credit transactions
• Developing skills for employment
• Handling wages and salaries
• IT solutions for administrators
• Analysing accounting information
• Management accounting
• Preparing financial accounting
• Preparing management accounting
• Understanding business
Optional units include:
• Contract law: an introduction
• PC Passport: word processing and presenting information
• 3 relevant Int 2 or Standard Grade passes
• Mature student with work experience
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
HNC/HND Level Courses in Business, Accounting, Human Resource Management.
Opportunities to embark on a career in accounting and finance, financial reporting, management accounting and taxation.
4 days per week for 21 weeks