The combined NC Travel and Tourism and NPA Events course aims to provide good preparation to progress to higher studies in events, travel and tourism. The mandatory Units in each of these qualifications cover areas that are important in all sectors of the industry such as customer service, employability skills, selling skills, sustainability issues, and knowledge of the industry itself.
The optional Units provide the scope to specialise in, for example, retail and business travel, cabin crew, activity tourism, airport ground operations, guiding, resort work, or languages. You will also develop knowledge in areas such as event organisation, event costing and corporate events.
On successful completion you will achieve the:
- NC in Travel and Tourism at SCQF level 5
- NPA in Events at SCQF level 6
- An Introduction to Travel and Tourism
- An Introduction to Events Industry
- Sustainable Travel and Tourism
- Tourist Destinations
- Events Costing
- Event Organisation
- Selling Skills
- Customer Care
- Corporate Events
- Working as Air Cabin Crew
- Tour Guiding
- Scottish tourism Product
This course will start in January 2022.
- Direct entry to a range of HNC/D courses, including
- HNC/D Event Management
- HNC/D Travel and Tourism
- ICT, Numeracy and Communication at National 4 plus a further relevant National 4 award or
- Equivalent recognised qualification or
- Relevant industrial experience
- Successful performance at interview
Where English is not your first language, it is recommended that you possess English for Speakers of Other languages at an appropriate level. If using a test such as IELTS or equivalent, an entry score of 5.5 or above would provide a sound linguistic basis for you to attempt the course.
Employment may be gained within both private and publicly funded organisations in the following areas:
- Events organisers/Exhibitors
- Crew member/Delegate co-ordinator
- Tourist Information Centres/visitor attractions/Festivals
- Travel Agencies and Tour Operating Firms
- Marketing assistant