This Active IQ course is designed for people who wish to work as a gym instructor.
You’ll be at college for four hours per week over eight weeks and you’ll take part in a mix of gym and classroom-based learning.
Your course will cover:
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to gym instructing
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Health and safety in a fitness environment
- Customer care
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- The skills needed to plan and conduct gym-based exercise sessions with individuals and groups
- Legal and professional requirements for fitness instructing
- How to manage, evaluate and improve your own performance
To achieve the qualification you need to complete the five mandatory units:
- Principles of anatomy, physiology and fitness
- Professionalism and customer care for fitness instructors
- Health and safety in the fitness environment
- Conducting client consultations to support positive behaviour change
- Planning and instructing gym-based exercise
You should have a keen interest in sport and fitness. You should display good communication skills and the ability to work with members of the general public. You should expect to work in groups and teams.
NEXT STEP COURSE & JOB OPTIONS
The qualification is designed to offer entry to employment; however, learners can also progress onto the following qualifications and apprenticeship frameworks:
- Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
- Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Exercise and Fitness
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Mat-work
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga
- Level 3 Diploma in Sports Massage Therapy
- Intermediate Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Exercise and Fitness
COURSE COST & INFORMATION
Most of our students get help with funding their studies. Take a look at our fees and funding pages for advice and to see if you’d qualify for student support.
The fee for this course is £700 which includes registration, certification and hard copy of a Level 2 manual.
The course will run on Wednesday and Thursday evenings from 5pm until 7pm for a period of 8 weeks from 23rd April to 12th June
23rd April 2019
If you’ve any queries contact Joanne Warwick our Curriculum Manager for Therapies and Sport and Fitness: firstname.lastname@example.org