Working in travel and tourism opens up a world of opportunities within in the aviation sector, tourist information and customer service. This course will give you the skills and knowledge for a career in the industry. You will learn in our purpose-built cabin room and gain industry experience to help you progress to further study or employment in the sector.
This course will start in August 2022.
- Direct entry to second year of HND Travel and Tourism
- Direct entry (at the discretion of the university) into second year of a BA (Hons) degree in a related subject
One or more of the following:
- 1 Higher plus 3 National 5 awards
- Relevant group of SQA National Qualifications at SCQF level 5/6
- Equivalent recognised qualification
- Relevant work experience
- Acceptance may depend on an interview.
Course Type and Length Options
This course leads to employment in:
- Tour operations
- Visitor servicing
- Tourism development
- Guiding conferencing
- Tourist and information services
- Retail and business travel agents
- Airlines, airports and cruise operators
- There are also opportunities in administration, marketing and customer services.
- Guaranteed interviews on successful completion of the course.
Who is the Course For?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to progress their career in the travel, airline or tourism industry. It will suit school leavers or those looking to change career or take their first steps into the industry.
What Will I Study?
This course prepares you for a career in tourism. You’ll learn about the structure of the travel and tourism industry, marketing, customer care, event organisation, e-commerce and the Scottish tourism industry. It includes a work placement.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Why Should I Choose This Course?
This course will help you progress in an industry in which there will be plenty of job opportunities in Scotland, the UK and further afield. You’ll be taught by. lecturers who have worked in the industry for airlines such as British Airways, Emirates and Jet2. You’ll learn what you need to thrive in the travel and tourism sector.
What are The Interview Arrangements?
One-to-one or group interview with lecturing staff.