The HNC in Travel and Tourism is designed to provide you with the skills required to enable you to enter into positions in a wide range of travel and tourism organisations at an operational, supervisory or managerial level. It has a heavy focus on customer service and personal and interpersonal skills.
This qualification will also prepare you for progression to a range of further programmes of study either in higher education or occupational qualifications in the workplace.
• Travel and tourism industry
• Scottish tourism
• Marketing principles
• Customer care
• Employment in travel and tourism
• Graded unit 1
• Communication and presentation skills
• Digital culture: online communication
• International tourism
• Public relations
• HR management
• Customer care
• Communication in Spanish
• 1 Higher (English or Social Sciences) plus 3 National 5 awards or
• Relevant National Qualification group award at SCQF Level 5/6 or
• SVQ Level 3 in a relevant area or
• Equivalent qualification from other awarding bodies
• Students with relevant work experience will also be considered
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
Year 2 HND Travel and Tourism, Year 2 International Tourism Management and other related degrees
Employment in tour operations, visitor servicing, tourism development, marketing, customer service, guiding conferencing, tourist and information services, retail and business travel agents, airlines, airports, cruise operators. Opportunities will also exist in administration, marketing and customer services.
Guaranteed interviews with several organisations on successful completion
Our Travel and Tourism students had a day out at Crieff Hydro taking part in some activity tourism activities including tree tops high ropes course, archery, and segways. The students loved the opportunity to try new experiences….
“I learned about myself that I’m more confident than I thought I was. I surprised myself.” Olivia Charley
” Everyone should get the chance to test themselves” Daria Kukielczynska
” The tree tops course made me overcome mental barriers” Anna Gruse
“Great to see a new part of Scotland, Perthshire was so green and pretty” Anna Borissenko