All organisations, small, medium or large need human resources (HR) support and staff. There are ample job opportunities in Lanarkshire, Glasgow and beyond. The average salary for an HR officer is £30,000 a year, with HR Directors earning up to £90,000 a year. This course will give you the skills and knowledge that organisations are looking for in HR staff. We encourage you to apply early to this course, as places fill quickly.
This course will start in August 2022.
- Direct entry to second year of HND Human Resource Management if you achieve an A/B in Graded Unit 1.
- This course is a good basis if you want to qualify in human resource management with the CIPD. Some universities may offer the CIPD qualification as part of a degree programme.
One or more of the following:
- 1 Higher plus 3 National 5 awards
- Relevant group of SQA National Qualifications at SCQF level 5
- Foundation apprenticeship in a relevant subject
- Equivalent recognised qualification
- Relevant current work experience
- A keen interest in the subject area
- If English is not your first language, ESOL at an appropriate level or IELTS or equivalent with an entry score of 5.5 or above
- Acceptance may depend on interview.
Course Type and Length Options
Full-time: 1 year
Part-time: 2 years
This course leads to jobs/roles including:
- Employment relations
- Employee resourcing
- Training and development
- HR administrator
- HR assistant
- HR co-ordinator
- Recruitment consultant.
This course provides the opportunity to become a qualified and knowledgeable HRM specialist. The award has been developed through rigorous research and contains invaluable knowledge and skills as specified by the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Human Resource Management that are at the forefront of current practices within leading organisations.
Who is the Course For?
This course is ideal for anyone wanting to develop their career in human resources. The course will suit school leavers or those looking to change career or progress in the industry.
What Will I Study?
You’ll learn about human resources and the business environment through work placement, groupwork, lectures, industry visits and guest speakers.
How Will I Be Assessed?
Ongoing assessment through a range of practical activities, candidate folios, self-evaluation, planning and review using secure SQA assessment support packs. Open-book project-based graded unit assessment.
Why Should I Choose This Course?
This course will give you what you need to progress into an entry-level human resources role or on to higher-level study. You’ll learn from experts in the human resources field, including guest speakers, and be connected into the sector by staff with extensive experience of the profession.
What are The Interview Arrangements?
Group information session followed by one-to-one interview.