• Principles of practice.
• Theoretical approaches to learning.
• The effects on human development.
• Workplace practice
• Supporting the individual: Graded Unit
• Learning approaches
• Protection of individuals from harm and abuse
• Communication difficulties
• 2 Highers which one of which should be English
• Satisfactory entry test
• One suitable reference
• Successful students will be subject to PVG vetting
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
Successful completion may allow students to progress to HND Additional Support Needs: Managing and Supporting the Services, Year 2 – UWS BA Integrated Public Services
Employment available in a range of care services supporting individuals with additional support needs. Progression is subject to a satisfactory PVG check.