Information for Employers
South Lanarkshire College delivers a range of vocational training courses to help local job seekers develop the practical skills needed to meet the needs of employers in today’s world of work:
- Business & Administration
- Electrical Engineering
The ultimate aim of these courses is to assist the participants into employment. South Lanarkshire College is running two separate schemes to encourage local businesses to get involved: we are able to offer wage subsidies to employers and we are seeking unpaid work placements in all job roles.
What benefits will work placements bring to your business?
- Flexible business support: you decide the tasks, hours and length of the placement.
- Free, fixed-term additional staff resource: a no cost solution to tackling time-consuming tasks, enabling your staff to concentrate on your core business function.
- Raise the profile of your company: demonstrate your corporate social responsibility; engage with your local community; and gain free advertising – your company logo in our publications.
- Your own staff will benefit from training, mentoring and supervising students.
- Trial candidates are placed on an unpaid basis throughout the work placement.
- If the placement is successful and you would like to recruit, why not contact us to discuss wage subsidies?