Taking on a South Lanarkshire College student could help you to meet your business needs.
We have over 5,000 students, each with varying skills and attributes to help bring something new to your company.
We can help you to:
- find a graduate
- find a student placement
- find a Modern Apprentice
- advertise your vacancies for free
- raise your profile by delivering workshops, having a stand on campus, or delivering presentations to our students
Contact us to discuss your needs.
Our students are well-prepared for employment. They gain specialist knowledge and skills as well as transferable skills better prepare them for moving on from college. Transferable skills can include:
• Time management
• Problem solving
• Team building.
We know that many employers value transferable skills as highly as they do subject knowledge, and we want our students to leave college demonstrating these talents.
We continually work with business and industry, allowing us to offer the most relevant, flexible and practical courses. These highly vocational programmes produce graduates who are equipped for the workplace.
Our teaching staff have a wealth of professional and industry experience. This experience allows our students to gain an understanding of today’s workplace and provides a valuable insight into applying knowledge in real-world situations.
Our students can support your business as part of a work placement or internship.
There are a number of ways to recruit a student for placement. You could consider:
The Modern Apprenticeship programme is funded through Skills Development Scotland and designed to equip people with vocational qualifications while they’re working. Modern Apprenticeships are designed to help forward-thinking businesses attract and retain staff by offering high quality, work-based training routes to skilled jobs.
The College offers Modern Apprenticeship programmes in:
• MA Level 2 and Level 3 Hairdressing ( 16 plus )
• MA Level 3 Construction Trades ( 16 years plus )
• MA Level 3 Plumbing ( 16 years plus )
Training and assessing is done through both college attendance (day release/block release) and in the workplace.
All training is offered at no cost to either the employer or the employee so you could consider boosting your workforce with a Modern Apprentice.
Our vacancies service is free of charge and you can advertise the following:
- graduate vacancies
- work experience opportunities
- placements opportunities
- part-time, temporary and seasonal opportunities
- volunteering opportunities
We’re happy to help you raise the profile of your organisation with our students to support you in recruiting the right people.
Contact us to discuss how you might be able to:
- liaise with our staff to arrange to introduce your organisation to students through an on-campus presentation
- deliver workshops on employability topics with our teams
- have an employer stand to promote opportunities to students