A replacement ILA scheme will be launched in October 2017 by Skills Development Scotland. Keep up to date on World of Work website. www.myworldofwork.co.uk
ILA is changing
ILA is getting a rebranding and a refresh by Skills Development Scotland over summer 2017. This means that the existing scheme will be closed to new applications for a few months.
The changes and the timing are outwith the control of colleges.
The revised scheme will come into effect in October and will be called an Individual Training Account (ITA). If you’re eligible, then you’ll still be entitled to funding of up to £200 per year towards a course. The differences are that you’ll only be able to do one course in any learner year, and that courses will be geared towards helping you with getting a job or progressing in your career.
Some key dates
Skills Development Scotland are not currently issuing any new ILA applications.
If you already have an open account and want to book a course here are some key dates:
• Mid May 2017: New Account Applications and Renewal forms need to be returned to Skills Development Scotland by mid-May so that they can be processed by 31 May. Forms must already have been requested by 30 April 2017 from My World of Work.
• 31 May 2017: Last day that an ILA account will be opened or renewed.
If you want to book a course under the existing ILA scheme:
• Enrol for the course and tell South Lanarkshire College that you want to use your ILA funds to help pay for the course.
• Give South Lanarkshire College your ILA number, no later than 24 August 2017. South Lanarkshire College need to book your course by the end of August 2017 and you must attend the course before the end of September 2017.
• 31 August 2017 is the last day that South Lanarkshire College can process bookings under the existing ILA scheme. Bookings can only be made for courses with a start date no later than 30 September 2017