Learning Resources & Library Services
T: 01355 807308
The Library Advisors are always happy to advise you on the best way to research and to help you access any of the specialist services on offer. These include:
- A specialist book stock, tailored to the needs of College courses
- A comprehensive collection of journals, newspapers and popular magazines
- Short-loan system for journals, DVDs and materials in high demand
- Internet access
- Library catalogue available through Moodle
- Quiet study room
- Individual Study Space
- Soft seating areas
- Bookable group study room
- DVDs of popular films
- Range of fiction
- Height adjustable workstation
- Laptops for overnight use
- iPads for use in College
- Sale of core textbooks, with student discount, at the beginning of the academic year
- Issue of books for bursary funded courses
To access more information about the College Library, Learning Centre and study resources students should sign in to Moodle or speak to one of the Library Advisors.
How do I join the Library?
You must be an enrolled student to join the library. Soon after you begin your course you will attend a library induction session. During this induction you can pick up a registration form to apply for a library card.
- Ask us if you have any queries or need advice
- Turn your mobile phone to silent when you come into the library
- Return resources on time
- Consider other library users and keep conversations to a minimum
- Make sure you have a secure lid on any hot or cold drinks you bring to the library
Quiet Study and Group Study Rooms
Within the Library there is a group study room for students which can be booked and a quiet study room for individual use. Please ask the Library staff or contact them via email or telephone.
Print & Photocopying
There is a self-service, A4 and A3 mono and colour photocopying and print facility within the Learning Centre. . The printing/photocopying service is available from all library and Learning Centre PC’s.
On-line library catalogue
The Library’s Heritage catalogue lists all the resources that the Library contains and can be searched by author, title or a subject keyword. It can be accessed through the Library Moodle pages or using the quicklinks on the SLC homepage.
You can complete an online UCAS application in College. Please ask the Library staff for the buzzword to allow you to link your application to the College.