The course consists of 2 mandatory units :
- Cost Accounting
- Management Accounting Using Information Technology
- No formal entry requirements although it would be beneficial for candidates to be competent in communication, numeracy and IT skills to SCQF Level 5.
- Relevant work experience would be beneficial.
- Successful interview.
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
- Further related PDAs or HN Units to build up qualifications towards an HNC/D in Accounting.
- The PDA also gives exemption for elements of CIMA and ACCA professional qualifications.
The PDA in Management Accounting delivers the essential skills and knowledge of cost accounting systems and budgetary control. This makes it suitable CPD for those working in an accounting and financial role, or for anyone seeking to enter employment within the Accounting and Business services sector.
The type of positions which may be taken by candidates include:
- Accounting Assistants
- Financial Administrators
Exact start dates TBC, the course will run January 2018 to June 2018.
Induction will take place on Thursday 11th January 2018.
This course can be studied on a part-time day basis (1 X 3 hr session per week)
Can also be studied on a part-time evening basis (1 X 3 hr session per week). For details click here.
The cost of the course is £98 per unit. Applicants may be eligible to apply for fee waiver.
This course may be eligible for ITA funding.