This course focuses on developing knowledge and understanding in practical photography and will enable you to explore your interest in photography and will prepare you for progression to higher studies and/or employment.
You will be encouraged to develop both creative and technical skills required for a career in photography. Development of your critical thinking skills will be a focus, as will seeking peer/tutor feedback to inform practices.
Core units include:
• Camera techniques
• Image manipulation and print
• Introduction to photography
• Working with photographs
• Photographing places
• Digital photography
• Understanding photographs
• Video editing
• Social media
Optional units may include:
• Studio photography
• Digital imaging
• ICT, Numeracy and Communication at National 4 plus a further relevant National 4 award or
• Equivalent qualification from other awarding bodies
• Students with relevant work experience will also be considered
• It may be beneficial if you could produce some examples of your work
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
This course aims to provide good preparation to progress to higher studies in photography. Employment may be found in a junior role in a photography environment.
Full time 6 months January to June. Starts 15 January 2018. Classes will include twilight and evening.