Core units include:
• Supply chain fundamentals
• Supply chain logistics: an introduction
• Supply chain: total quality management
• Supply chain business analysis: an introduction to techniques
• Legal aspects of commercial transactions
• Supply chain service levels: setting the standards
• Supply chain organisations: structures and function
• Supply chain management: Graded Unit 1
Optional units may include:
• Marketing: an introduction
• Creating a culture of customer care
• 1 Higher or
• A relevant programme of National Units at Int2/Nat 5 (i.e. NC Business)
• Applicants with relevant work/industry experience but no formal qualifications are welcome to apply
• Successful performance at interview
• HND Level Supply Chain Management or other HND courses.
• May allow direct entry into second year of relevant degree programmes, and the HND may allow direct entry into third year degree programmes.
• Learners will be eligible to undertake the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) professional qualifications.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills in supply chain management introducing topics such as logistics, business analysis, procurement, operations management and quality management. Employment opportunities within the sector include Assistant Purchasing Manager, Material Planner, Procurement Assistant, Export Assistant, Customer Logistics Manager.