Core units include:
• Recording financial information
• Preparing financial statements
• Using financial accounting software
• Cost accounting
• Management accounting using IT
• Accounting graded unit 1
Optional units may include:
• Payroll – Sage payroll
• IT in Business – spreadsheets
• Economic issues – an introduction
• 1 Higher or
• A relevant programme of National Units at Int2/Nat 5 (i.e. NC Accounting)
• Applicants with relevant work/industry experience but no formal qualifications are welcome to apply
• Successful performance at interview
• HND in Accounting (YR 2) or a range of other HND programmes (YR 1)
• Higher Education with Universities recognising the HNC award as entry to first or second year Accounting Degrees.
• This Awards is recognised by both the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA).
This is a general accounting award that allows you to gain skills and knowledge in book-keeping, financial and management accounting using manual and computerised techniques. This award is aimed at those wishing to gain employment, or who are currently employed, in roles such as Accounts Assistant, Trainee Accountant, Finance Assistant, Book-Keeper or Financial Administrator.