• Managing people & organisations
• Marketing: an introduction
• Economic issues: an introduction
• Business accounting
• Communication: business communication
• IT in business: spreadsheets
• IT: applications software 1
• Business Graded Unit 1
Optional units include:
• Accounting and Finance Units
• Economics and Human resource Units
• 1 Higher or
• A relevant programme of National Units at Int2/Nat 5
• Applicants with relevant work/industry experience but no formal qualifications are welcome to apply
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
• HND in Business Management or other HND courses
• The HNC may allow direct entry into second year of relevant degree programme
• The Chartered Institute of Bankers for Scotland will accept holders of HNC directly into their higher level qualifications (Chartered Banker) which leads to MCIBS (Member of Chartered Institute of Bankers in Scotland).
This course will prepare candidates for entry to a wide range of positions including:
• Administrative Officer/Supervisor/Office Manager
• Assistant Manager/Business Manager/Trainee Manager/Team Leader
Opportunities to embark on a career in the Business sector in one of the following areas:
- Management Roles/Team Leader
- Customer Services
- Sales & Marketing
Offers current employees in the sector the opportunity to gain a relevant vocational qualification to enable them to further progress their career.
Full time Starting 15 January 2018 4 days per week for 6 months. Also available part time day on a flexible basis.
Course induction Thursday 11 January.