The qualification has been designed to provide you with a good all-round knowledge of the travel and tourism industry, organising events, assisting at events and excellent administrative skills. It aims to prepare you for employment in any of these industries or for progression to further academic qualifications.
You will have the opportunity to achieve an NC in Events with Administration, Travel and Tourism units which will enable progression to the relevant HNC programmes.
Subjects may include:
- IT software applications: Word, Excel, Access
- Event organisation
- Corporate Events
- Travel and Tourism Industry
- Tourist Destinations
- Business Documents
- Customer Service Skills
- Tourism Product Knowledge
- Selling Skills
- Air Travel
- Introduction to Cabin Crew
• Numeracy and Communication at National 4 plus a further relevant National 4 award
• Equivalent qualification from other awarding bodies
• Students with relevant work experience will also be considered
• Successful performance at interview
NEXT STEP COURSE OPTIONS
HNC Administration and IT, Events Management, Travel & Tourism
Employment in a junior administrative role in a number of sectors, including Finance, Health Care, HR, Hospitality, IT, Marketing, Retail and the Public Sector.
Full time starting 15 January 2018 running until to 15 June 2018. May include twilight/evening classes